Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Numbers - Star Wars Box Office Performance Comparison

The Numbers - Star Wars Box Office Performance Comparison

The-numbers.com is a great site to track the trends in the box office. I must admit that I am a bit of a media whore, and I love reading now and then about the big block-busters and just how much money that big budget movie is raking in.

Here's a look at the fate of the six star wars films. It is interesting that the Phantom Menace did better overall than the Attack of the Clones. This time around the Revenge of the Sith (revenge for what, exactly?) is looking to be the King of them all - Revenge of the Bad Movies Making the Box Office Tremble. This is just US sales, so one has to wonder just how close this will come to the #1 movie of all time: Titanic.

I do hate that we keep talking about records for most dollars earned, but it is so misleading because the price of tickets have been going up and up so the same number of tickets sold today would be like a 3rd or a 4th of the amount of money if it were sold in 1977. So why don't these losers go by Number of ticket's sold? I do have to ding this site for not providing that kind of data, though they do make an attempt to at least adjust for inflation in some charts, like this one : Top Records.

I blog to myself, I want you to blog me,
When I lay down, I want my laptop above me,
So I can type, those keys, those keys, those keys.

I want to... I want to blog with Divinlys.

Ah, someone stop me! :-)

-Michael

No comments: